Books are my recent obsession, they teach you alot & at the start of this year I promised my self that it’s gonna be an epic year & after looking back I feel I managed it pretty well. I read alot, tried alot, travel alot & failed alot. I aimed for 12 books & managed to read 18 books. Here is my take on top 10 books I read this year.
- Elon Musk: Elon Musk is an alien for the starter. He made millions of dollars from paypal & could have retired easily. But, instead of that he put all the worth in three companies tesla, solar city & space x. He is innovating like anything which earth requires. He wants to colonize Mars & want to make humans as multi planetary species. His story is truly amazing & worth a read. It will inspire you to achieve something. A must read for anyone who is thinking about human existence.
- Steve Jobs: Steve jobs is man behind Apple. A innovator without knowing any coding still manage to create one of the best companies of all time. This man life is roller coster ride. From a troubled childhood to creating one of the most best companies. From kicking out from the company he founded to coming back & ruling tech industry . This guy journey is worth a read.
- Alibaba: Jack Maa , a school teacher from China establishes a company with highest IPO. Jack Maa used to teach in China & after realising his true calling he changed his path & started building an empire. The books perfectly showcases the journey he took & how he managed to change his fortune. Always look for an opportunity is the sole of this book.
- Zero to One: A guide from Peter Thiel, this is bible for person who are interested in learning the craft of startup. The book shed light on some of the aspect of startup journey which are not explained everywhere. A person who is eager to start his /her venture should read this book.
- Rework: Rework is guide to various aspects of working. From co founder to approach. This book talks in very crips way about how to go about your business. The book is very well written & real life examples are used to encourage its usage.
- Finders Keepers: Finders keepers is a thriller written by Stephen King. He is master in this genre. He wrote a this book like a movie. You can’t leave it in between. No doubt why this book was among last year bestsellers.
- 7 habits of Highly effective peoples: This book is keeper for sure. It explained what an average person feels & how only highly effective person overcome it. All men are born same its just their perspective to look things are different. Reread this till you memorize it . This book is one of the best self help book available.
- The everything store: The book is about story of world largest store Amazon. Since, its incpetion in 90’s as retail shop to tech giant , the story is very well captured. How a vision changed the online marketplace . The book deals with story of his success, his failures & his achievements. A must read for budding entrepreneur.
- Thinking fast & slow: This book is about mind & how we make our decision. From intuitive thinking to processed thinking. This book gives insight about how some mind percieve things & how some mind react. This book is all about thinking.
- Suraj ka Satva Ghoda: This book is in hindi , its a classic & a delight to read. This book is relived many times through plays. This book is simple & fun to read.
So, here is the list of top 10 books I read this . Next year I am aiming for something big.